What to wear:
- Solid colors, especially dark colors.
- Avoid white unless it is under a suit coat or worn in combination with other layers.
- Anything that isn’t too busy with colors, patterns or lines. The focus should be on your face and eyes, not your clothes.
- Clothes that you feel comfortable in.
- New or new-looking clothing that is pressed, ironed or wrinkle-free.
- Simple jewelry styles and minimal pieces of jewelry.
- A variety of clothing layers and styles. Different necklines dramatically change the way your face looks in a photo, so a variety is good.
What to bring with you:
- Extra makeup, a brush and toiletries such as toothpaste/brush, gloss, etc.
- Examples of headshots you like
- Old headshots that you like or don’t like (we’ll work hard to do better)
- A good attitude
- A CD or iPod with your favorite tunes
- A heavy layer of transclucent face powder will help your face look flawless on camera.
- Clean and natural is best.
- Men may require a powder base makeup as well; it’s best to bring your own that’s been chosen to compliment your skin tone.
- No new haircuts just prior to the shoot.
- Don’t try out new makeup or skin lotions just before the shoot.
Please don’t forget: Arrive on time. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early Payment is due in full on day of session. If paying by credit card, please do so online prior to arrival.